New Scholarships for Emirati Students at Local Universities
Are you an Emirati student looking for a scholarship at a local university as of fall 2017?
The Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education invites young Emirati males and females to apply for the Al Ghurair UAE Scholarship Program to pursue their bachelor’s or master’s degrees at local universities in the UAE. The foundation is looking for students with academic excellence, enjoying exceptional abilities and leadership skills, and highly committed to give back to their local community and the Arab region.
The scholarship is granted to new students and students that are currently enrolled in a list of universities that are approved by the foundation. The application to Al Ghurair UAE Scholarship Program must be submitted through the organization’s website: https://agf.smartsimple.ie.
- We invite Emirati students wishing to apply for the Al Ghurair UAE Scholarship Program or interested in learning more about the foundation and the program to attend a briefing session on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:00 pm at the Al Ghurair offices in Dubai. For more details about the briefing session or for any inquiry, please contact us via the following email address: [email protected]
- Emirati students can also attend an online session on Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 5:30 pm through the following link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/497035069
Are you interested in applying for the scholarship? See the information below and submit your application before August 26, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
What will I get as a student in the Al Ghurair UAE Scholarship Program?
As a student in the Al Ghurair UAE Scholarship Program, you will be granted a scholarship to attend one of the universities approved by the foundation.
The scholarship covers the following:
- All university fees and costs
- Health insurance costs, provided by the university
- Housing allocation
- A monthly stipend to cover other costs such as transportation, books and other living expenses
- Academic and career guidance
- Career training opportunities
- Opportunities for community service
- The opportunity to join a global network of Al Ghurair students
What are the scholarship eligibility criteria?
- The student must be an Emirati national not holding any other passport;
- The student must be aged between 17 and 30 years old;
- The student must have a high academic achievement: The student must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 80% in high school or 2.7 in university. Preference is given to students with a cumulative GPA of no less than 85% in high school or 3.0 in university.
- The student must have been admitted to one of the universities approved by the foundation: The student must be admitted to a local university in the UAE approved by the foundation or currently enrolled in one of these universities in disciplines approved by the foundation and pursuing the bachelor’s or master’s degree
What are the universities approved by the foundation?
- American University of Sharjah
- American University of Dubai
- University of Wollongong in Dubai
- Abu Dhabi University
- United Arab Emirates University
- Zayed University
- University of Sharjah
* This list includes the names of the foundation’s preferred universities to which the foundation will be granting scholarships for Emirati nationals. The foundation may consider other local universities of high quality and each case will be studied separately.
What are the approved disciplines?
- Sciences disciplines (except Medicine)
- Technology and computer science disciplines
- Engineering disciplines
- Mathematics, data sciences and statistics disciplines
- Economics, economic development, planning and financial affairs disciplines
* This list includes the foundation’s preferred disciplines in which the foundation will be granting scholarships for Emirati nationals. The foundation may consider other disciplines if they serve strategic sectors for the UAE’s growth and each case will be studied separately.